Direct Pipe® is an innovative technology that combines the benefits of micro tunneling and HDD techniques. This method allows for simultaneous borehole excavation and pipe installation in one step. Direct Pipe® can be applied to nearly any ground condition.
- Small footprint – both physically and environmentally
- Highly accurate guidance of the pipeline through curves as well as upward and downward slopes
- Simultaneous borehole excavation and pipeline insertion
- No shaft construction required
The product pipeline is welded, inspected and positioned on rollers on the launch side. A micro-tunneling machine is installed on the leading end of the pipe string. The Pipe Thruster is set up at the launch pit and acts as a driving unit by clamping the outside of pipeline and installing the entire pipe string into the ground.
- 500 Ton Pipe Thruster
- 750 Ton Pipe Thruster
- Micro Tunnel Boring Machines (MTBM)
- 36-inch, 42-inch and 48-inch diameter capabilities
Link to project example: Credit River Crossing – Greater Toronto Area – Project Profile